Forums / Argentina
Order: Newest / Oldest
Argentina V Nigeria, Jun 12
Younggun (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Argentina missed a lot of chances tonight, Messi was always outnumbered
Tah77 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Maradona's attacking system did not look good, he needs to change it up
Courage121 (AC Milan) 4 years ago
@ silverwolf.... Argentina were only lucky tht nigerian key players were injured.... Nigerians were tactically better.... Argentina paraded best attackers and non could score.... A lucky goal only came from a defender.... The early goal demoralized them too.... They were better tactically
[account-removed] 4 years ago
The attacking system looked bad? Did you watch the game? We played awesome overall, dominating the game. We missed hella (lots) of chances to score, it was really a wonder that it was only ONE goal
@ Courage121: Lucky goal and Poor attack? Are you sure we're watching the same match? Heinze was totally unmarked and could even have chested it down and pumped it in. The sheer number of chances created by the argentinians actually bodes well for the competition. Let's see how they match up to the better teams once they get past the group stages
@ madten.... It is not about dominating the match.... Barca dominated the match but inter qualified.... You need to look at the match tactically.... As a coach, wht I saw in the nigerian side was very tactical and brilliant.... Just that they lost some key players tht could have won the match.... But argentina was a complete team wth no injuries.... As for the nigerian goalkeeper, he is also part of the nigerian team...
Argentina's attack looks alright but at times the defence was caught off guard and all over the place. Maradona has a lot to fix. But really the nigerian goalie was absolutely phenomenal and messi really should have finished the clear shots he had...
Spartan (West Ham United) 4 years ago
Great goal. But something missing in Argentina squad, they'll trash Greeks, but Koreans will make them nervous
Shuds (Barcelona) 4 years ago
The Nigerian keeper was simply brilliant today. MOM for sure. Great result for Argentina
Not Great, but deserved win. That keeper kept Messi goalless somehow.... Wow he had such good saves man. This group is ours, I can't wait until we face off Korea, they look like they can provide some good competition. Maradona's squad looks good man, he either pulled something outta' his ass, or he can actually coach lol
Elgunsu (Argentinos Juniors) 4 years ago
I didn't like how they played. Di maria was invisible, tevez lost the ball alot, higuain not good enough, veron stop taking freekicks! You are ruining everything

Star player: nigerian goalkeeper (what team does he play for?)
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 4 years ago
He got an assist, didn't he?
Veron turned every ball over in the first half. But we can't really complain since it was a miracle that Nigeria only lost by one goal, we played very well in my opinion. Controlled the game the entire time almost
Htamet (Hapoel Tel Aviv) 4 years ago
He plays for hapoel tel aviv. Israel's champion this year. One of the best goalees out there, but nobody knew him. After this game he will be leaving our team in no time
Elgunsu (Argentinos Juniors) 4 years ago
I was really impressed by him. Great goalkeeping
Uconn2004 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
That was a great header so much power behind it  
Neuro182 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Actually the whole Messi magic has been unraveled when Jose Mourinho's side clamped him down to deny Barca the chance for any possible attack and hence, title race.

I personally would want to see them through to the finals. Maradona's looking like midgets among the players & he reminds me of nothing more than Danny Devito
Zeora (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Did you miss the game or what? Although messi missed some chances. That doesn't mean he is rubbish all of a sudden and how about the chances he created for Hiquain. Keep also in mind that Messi didn't play a game since may (correct me if I'm wrong)
Silverwolf (Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata) 4 years ago
Nigeria was his goalkeeper + 10 rubbish players. We should have scored 2 or 3 goals. Messi had a great match!
The nigerian players said yesterday, "We are ready to beat Argentina". Hilarious isn't it.... They've made one shot on goal in the whole clash
Oldglory0002 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Yea, I'd like to see a few more goals out of the Argentinians. And yes, the Nigerians might have a few mental conditions if they really expect to come in and beat Argentina, especially with the form they're in. I didn't get to see the match, but I expected at least one or two goals from Messi, but he is a great player. He must have just had an unlucky game, I'm sure he'll rise to the expectaions
@ silverwolf.... Argentina were only lucky tht nigerian key players were injured.... Argentina have no injury problems.... Nigerians were tactically better.... Argentina paraded best attackers and none could score.... A lucky goal only came from a defender.... The early goal demoralized the nigerians too.... They were better tactically
Princeobi (Barcelona) 4 years ago

Silverwolf you haven't watched the game. Argentinia was better and had more chances but it could have been 1-1, Nigeria had more than one chance!
Silverwolf (Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata) 4 years ago
Nigeria had more than one chance, but they only had one shot ON GOAL. They've missed all the rest!
Where was Messi ? Ooh wasnt he the guy missing goals all the time !
Are you high?! He had 2-3 shots on goal that the goalie saved
Tomiswedd (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Messi didn't miss anything. There was just some freakish African prodigy in the way
Kiranpmody (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Heinze! So glad to have you in my dreamfooty.... ! )
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Same here mate ^^
4 years ago
The strange thing is that it looked like they were completely ignoring Di Maria.... Almost never passed to him. Wtf?
Most of the attacks went through the middle of the right side. Since di maria was playing on the left. He didn't see enough ball to bring something
GattoRefi 4 years ago
They didn't pass to him cause he is not that good
Bravo45 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Exactly what I was screaming all the time. I am not too familiar with him, but most of the time he was in insane amount of space and still on the left and still Argentina were pushing through the right or middle
DoctorFootball (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Totally Agreed With The Votes.... Even Though Argentinians Won.... But The Game Was Quiet Equal.... Plus Argentina Missed Some Good Chances.... Congrats To Them.... And The Header Was Brilliant.... Great Goal...
Kevoridenj (Chelsea) 4 years ago
You got something in your eye my fellow Chelsea fan
You or wrong about Argentina, especially if you compare how we played to how Brazil played today lol
You or wrong about Argentina, especially if you compare how we played to how Brazil played today lol
Ayotaurus29 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Argentina dominated whole game and if not for fantastic goalkeeping from nigerian goalie enyeama it would have been 3 or 4 goals in game nigeria played starting failures with obasi and haruna instead of martins and odemwingie but not to say haruna can't start but would like to see change in formation 4-4-2, messi walked through defence but probably should have assisted in shots in second half. All GOOD though because now nigeria has to win next 2 games and they better wit that sense of urgency
Because Argentina missed alot of chances doesn't mean that they are rubbish. The important thing in the first place is creating those chances. They were just not effective enough today. I say Militio for Higuain. Simply, because I think Militio is in form and Higuain is not at the moment
DoctorFootball (Chelsea) 4 years ago
But Buddy This Is Main Problem And A Universal Truth.... That Which Player Performs Well In The League.... He Is Not Good That Much In The National Side...
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Zeora, you're spot on!
4 years ago
What a great goal by Heinze. 2nd best after yesterday Tshabalala's "rocket" in the upper corner. However Argentina didn't look like they wanted to score another one. This might turn out disastrous in some match of the 2nd stage.

Some remarks:
- "Albicelestes" didn't use Di Maria's potential, ignoring his presence on the left wing for most of the time
- Gutierrez seems to be a little bit worse than the rest of the team
- Higuain seems like he cannot find his shape; Milito should play from the very beginning, especially that he seems to cooperate very good with Messi - and we could only see this in the last 10 minutes
- Enyema is probably man of the match, an outstanding performance - he saved his team from losing several goals just like Artur Boruc from Poland was doing repeatedly during Euro 2008

Kick4Life - changing lives through football