Forums / Argentina
Order: Newest / Oldest
Argentina V Mexico, Jun 27
Danmx (CD Chivas de Guadalajara) 4 years ago
I find it a true shame that FIFA can not implement technology on these games. As we all know football is a sport of moments, before Argentina scored its first one Mexioo was dominating the game, they give Argentina an invalid goal and the team crumbles. Same thing with England and Germany, Lampard scored a legit goal and its ignored by the ref, England crumbles and loses the match. Injustice!
Come on Blatter how many more examples do you need? France qualifying, 2 American goals that were called offsides wrongly come on implement technology!
KeNnii (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I agree with you completely, it sucks how the referees guess s**t without confidence
Playa3c (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Sorry don't agree with y'all this is what sets this beautiful sport from the rest. It hurts, but that's how football is. People still talk about the "hand of God" which is a couple of decades ago, this is what makes this sport the best, and with technology it would just be another sport and nothing to talk about from the past
Sorry but no, this sport is corrupted by it, because bad calls giving wins to undeserving teams does not allow for good football. Scoring a goal with a hand is pure crap and not deserving of a goal, but instead of a red card. If we had a good system of replay to be used by the refs, then maybe we would worry about playing the sport at our best and not cheat our way to a victory. Faking fouls to get penalties, offside goals, handballs, all these bad calls and injustices could be eliminated and we could just worry about the beautiful game
Damu42km 4 years ago
Every other sport had implemented technology for assistance. For football to be more fair and beautiful implementing technology for assistance is a must
Damu, And that's why every other sports comes no where near this beautiful sport called, Football
Damu42km 4 years ago
I agree that no other sport is as beautiful as Football but How using technology for difficult decisions going to affect such beauty. It will only increase the fairness and beauty of the game. It should be implemented without slowing down the pace of the game. As a footballer I know how bad our team will feel when an offside goal is allowed, that too when we were playing well. Players will loose all their rythm and opposition team will take advantage of it
It's an act of fairness.... Its unfair without technology for the team trying hard and loses by a mere error from the referees
Tanmay 4 years ago
I want introduction of technology too. But before you started crying out for it, think of this. With the introduction of technology, the average length of extra time is going to go up by 3 mins every half. You want that? 9 mins extra time?

Of course technology will make it more fair, but the downside is more extra time, less flow, and the 90 min mark becoming meaningless. Look at both sides, think a little and then say whatever you want to
Tanmay 4 years ago
And Damu "It should be implemented without slowing down the pace of the game" how do you propose to do that? Sorry man but you can't wish away the tradeoff
Alexx1 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I agree with Danmx.... Becuase a goal can change anything no matter what.... But I don't forget that, that is what makes soccer.... Soccer
Hopefully no more bad eorrors like this will ever happen.... But most likely they will
Nintendoboy (Arsenal) 4 years ago
If argentina already looked hard to beat with messi, tevez, higuain etc. How the hell were we suppose to beat argentina with the ref on their side. Mexico lost concentration after that offside goal. England and mexico are victims of bad ref decisions. With this fifa should introduce replay technology
Brilliant GOAL BY hernandez, MAN UTD still lives ON, GO AWAY berbatov!    Chicharito!
Alexx1 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Can't wait to see him play for manchester united
Damu42km 4 years ago
The first goal should have been disallowed. Then their might have been some twist and turn in the game. The offside goal spoiled the concentration of Mexican players and they mistakenly gave way for the second goal. Both the teams played a good game. Last two goals one from Tevez and one from Javier Hernandez were superb
Silverwolf (Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata) 4 years ago
Our victory was deserved. The only team who wanted to win were Argentina. Mexico realized that they had to score after the 3rd goal. Too late.
We are the nightmare of the mexicans....
Tevez was clearly in offside in the 1st goal, again another terrible mistake by the referees. BUT, my god, the mexican defence performed even worse.
Nah I sleep well ever night matter of fact I barely even think of y'all (maybe Messi only) no where near a nightmare haha. And I agree, for those who want to blame the ref first stop and think; it was our fault, our mistakes
Sorry but no, football is a game of moments and giving an undeserving goal away brought the Mexican team down. A deserved win is when we all play with no bad calls or referees taking sides and the best team wins. Up to that goal Mexico was dominating the match. Mexico have been unlucky in international level matches, but at club level Argentine teams always get beat by Mexican clubs

Chivas4-0 Boca, and we have beat Velez twice, River Plate, you name it
We'll then name me one game were the ref was perfect any game? They are humans nothing more or less than what we are. With a sport like football which is fast paced it's bound for the ref and his assistants to commit mistakes
True, but it is the imortance of the call that matters, if the ref makes a mistake with a foul in the middle of the pitch, well it doesn't matter much. However giving an undeserving goal, or undeserving penalty, or undesereving red card should simply be reviewed. Ten seconds all it takes. I mean the stadiums have big screens replaying the clear offside, don't you think the ref could simply look up and say oh yeah it was offside?
The furthest ill go with "new technology" is a ref right by or behind the goal box lol. To see if the ball clearly passed the ball like in the morning game, England-Germany
Danmx you have to accept that these mistakes are part of the game. In Italia '90 the referee made a huge mistake in the final and gave a penalty to the germans, that helped them to beat us. Sometimes you are benefited, sometimes not...
Why not simply implement an additional referee to be sitting outside of the pitch watching on a tv the replay of goals and yellow/red cards only and communicate with the ref on the pitch and say, yes it is a legit goal or not. As simple as that. The game does not have to be slowed down
StefanJay (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Look at other sports that implemented instant replay and you will see that the game IS slowed down because it's not as easy as all that
NextFifaPres (Sagan Tosu) 4 years ago
@Danmx: Totally agree with your last point. So so simple...
Delaghetto (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Damnx you a retard how many libertadoes does mexican club teams have? 0 so shut up and go to sleep you sore looser!
TheIcon (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
No need for name callings here Delaghetto
It was a tough game for me to watch, first we had a couple of chances, and then the ref makes a mistake. I'm NOT blaming the ref, just said it was tough game to watch. For those who blame the ref ask yourselves what would've of happened if our keeper had held control of the ball? That's right nothing would've of happened. No controversial call would have existed. It's our fault and not the refs. I still don't know why people keep blaming the refs and are surprised when they do make mistakes. This is football and people should already know there will be mistakes throughout the game, some will be small some big, some will hurt more than others. But the teams and fans should just keep playing instead of blaming the ref, in the first place the team put that ref in a position to call a good or bad call
Its the refs fault no matter what you say. We fell apart after that goal and you know it. Tevez was going straight at him with his foot how was he suppose to get that. Refs fault
If you have ever played football, specially at a high competitive level you would know the importance of moments and team morale. Prior to the Tevez goal, Mexico had been far more superior, a goal changes everything. Because of that goal the morale went down, and because of it the coach made more offensive subs to try to compensate the goal, which opened spaces in the Mexican defence for the Argentine Amazing offense to tear up. Sorry but you're wrong that goal changed everything
Completely agree Danmx
Sargentoblanco (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
That's right an early goal can completely change the outcome of a match
If you want to win the Cup, you must be cold-minded in critical situations, and try to avoid getting mad, like the mexican players. Specially if you are facing an awesome team full of stars like Argentina
Of course Football is about moments, and yes I have played all my life this beautiful sport. We'll let me ask you this than do you think we have shity team or a great team? We'll great teams overcome any obstacles put on their way or at least they don't go around blaming anyone else other than themselves, and to me we have a great team. Sometimes we loose some ans sometimes we win some, and other times we are on the call the favors us, and other times we are not. And of course we were dominating, but if you want to talk about our morale then we should've scored first and bring theirs down and we could've avoided controversial calls, simple
To respond to your question I believe Mexico is a great team. You speak that a good side will not allow their emotions to take place in a match. However, I disagree because this no longer comes to a matter of skill but of culture. The Mexican people are very passionate and so are their players and for fortune or not they live the games like nobody else, they will celebrate a goal as if it was a world cup winner and they will get motivated, but at the same time will come down by the scoring of an undeserving goal as well. All I ask for is Justice nothing else. Nothing free
StefanJay (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Since the beginning of football bad decisions by the refs have happened and they will continue to happen barring the introduction of technology. Playa3c I admire your diplomacy even in the presence of all these haters. Bring in instant replay and the game will be slowed down terribly.... And where do you draw the line between when you can and can't use it? Are the refs gong to check every call by the linesman all the time? Then this beautiful game will de-evolve toward American football and that would be a shame
StefanJay
It does not have to suffer anything at all. The game can remain just as fluid and dynamic by adding an extra official outside of the pitch to watch the game on tv and communicate with the referee only to confirm goals being legit as well as red cards. These are far too important to make mistakes in, and they would cause no delay in time or fluidity to the game
Stefan there not haters lol. First, I'm Mexican myself and just as proud as these people on here. We just have different views that's all. And you are talking to me like I'm not Mexican lol. I know and understand you're point, but if we want to depend on ref calls then I don't think we will ever see that fifth game we so want, with that kind of mind set
Danmx, if you want justice then study law or something but this is football. Lol. For the most part the deserving team wins, but not always. I have seen teams that have won the W-Cup overcoming bad calls from the refs and won the game. This is what we need to work on and overcome those bad calls. It's funny because the only time people talk about the refs mistakes and the only people that talk about em is the loosing side. Had we won this game with this same bad calls we would have never brought them up. We need to play, score, and hope theres no calls that affect the game. And even if we do all this things we can't always win or are guaranteed a win, that's life, that's Football, move on
MrPoopyPants (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Playa3c came into the you. S. Forum making the same arguments after our match with Slovenia. I'll give him props for consistency, but he still seems to miss the point
So much for your infatuation statement huh? And no I'm missing no point at all
Ltm017 4 years ago
Playa3c I agree with you! Yes it might be the refs fault for not calling it but it is the game and I bet any person here whose team was in the same situation and their team got the early goal at the expense of another team they would take it especially if their team went on to win two other legitimate goals and win. Its the game and yes this needs to be stopped but it happens to everyone! Bad calls and such.... This is the World Cup! One goal can change things but you have to be a professional about it and keep a level head and try to get a goal. One goal is something you can always come back from. If a team can't keep their head then they should go out.... This is what it is about the part skill part mentality
People often underestimate the stakes involved in high profile matches like this.

Even the great legendary Zidane, a true professional and gentleman of the sport failed to control his emotions and let it take over him when he head-butted Materazzi.

So who is to say that unjust goal shouldn't be affecting the Mexicans just because they are professionals?
Sargentoblanco (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Completely awful refereeing this World Cup.
How many games have been influenced by unnecessary red calls, offside goals, and what happened today in ENG vs GER....
Its disgusting how FIFA prefer to have some control over the games by a referee's "mistakes" sometimes but they forget how many teams and hopes they sacrifice by this.

Arsenal12 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I guess it's time to support Netherlands Germany Ghana and Brazil
Elbert (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Lol 00:27-00:31
Gabriel90 (CDSC Cruz Azul) 4 years ago
Thanks to the ref and FIFA's middle age rules, "fair play" is dying in this world cup. England and Mexico are victims of stupid decisions, and its very strange, but always, as it happened with Fabiano's handgoal, Torres dive and two american goals disallowed, that decisions tend to smash the weakest side. I see a bright future for Chicharito Hernandez in Manchester United. Now c'mon Germany!
Exactly my point, simply far too many examples, and all of these in one world cup, and to those you could add the faked foul that gave kaka a red card, and the disallowed goal by Mexico vs SA. A simple replay system would help tremendously
Murda (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I don't understand this so now every game the ref has to mess it up this is gettin on my last nerves F FIFA and all the bitch ass ref that screw up the games!
Xmac28 (Internacional Porto Alegre) 4 years ago
MExico was robbed and Argentina was lucky, that's all I have to say. I don't think Argentina will advance against Germany
Mexico was robbed (as Ivory Coast was robbed against Brazil) in the 1st goal, The 2nd and the 3rd weren't lucky at all
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Wow, that's chicharito's WEAK foot? Nice!

Mexico didn't deserve this result. The ref and their defence let them down. The attacking half played pretty well.

And yeah, tevez is a beast. So sad we let him go, but chicharito should do well at united
If he continues to display this kind of effort and heart when he eventually plays for Man Utd, the United fans are gonna' LOVE him
Shataranga (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I think it should be allowed to bring -video replay- when decision is on doubt, if one lied or simulated, give him/her a card bravely
PibeMUNTD (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Argentina your welcome, you may think your superior than us but that is not the case any longer. I am not going to blame the ref as always in football bad decisions are made but consider yourselves lucky, chicharito make us proud once your in the hands of the great Sir Alex Ferguson
Adonaii (Santos) 4 years ago
Mr. Hernandez is a good one for sure
Delaghetto (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Shut up same thing with kikin fonseca 4 years ago what happended 2 him he flopped! SO SHUT UP already WITH chicharito he's hella overated
WHO SAID anything about HIM being great.... Please MAN READ AND think before YOU speak.  
@delaghetto maybe YOU should stick TO reggaeton  

Kick4Life - changing lives through football