Forums / Argentina
Order: Newest / Oldest
Argentina V Korea Republic, Jun 17
[account-removed] 4 years ago
Fantastic from argentina
Sam198710000 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Yeah argentina!
Look at South Koreans.... They are playing dirty against argentina, hugging from behind, dragging people.... They are hopeless....
Remember, this is not just winning the game! This is sport! Learn to be humble and be more ethical south koreans!
Long live argentina!
Elgunsu (Argentinos Juniors) 4 years ago
It was a good match, but I'm not satisfied how they played.  Defence still need to work.
Elgunsu (Argentinos Juniors) 4 years ago
Btw we are the first team to reach to the next round, good job!
Susanta1 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Yeah defence not satisfied, lots of work to do.... How ever well played.... Always with you argentina
VanMundo (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Firmly on course for title - Viva la Argentina!
R9Phenomenon (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Argentina the only team that luks gud on paper and even more impressive when they take the field.... I just wanted the match to go on and on till eternity.... I wud love to see Maradona making alot of changes in their 3rd formality fixture just to give the squad a feel of atmosphere which is very important going in the knockouts....

Messi is God, immensely talented and yet so damn! Humble.... I can't see any team beating them in this WC....
Naifla (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I don't think so. I guess you forgot germany. Well anyway I love messi!
Brainsare (Juventus) 4 years ago
The Dutch will knock 'em out in semi
Tah77 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Argentina's going to semi's atleast! Unless they get stopped by germans in quarters
Messi though you didn't scored. You are the awesome player. You did not let us down. Bravo! Higuain thanks for converting those goals  
Brainsare (Juventus) 4 years ago
Commented wrong post, sorry  
Johnash (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Messi is awesome! Argentina has a great chance of winning if they improve their defence a bit more
Messi Rocks! If I was there instead of Higuain.... I also would have scored Hatrick
Blinded (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I love you Messi~!
M1keey420 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
VIVA MI ARGENTINA!
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 4 years ago
We're back to true, real football, it's about time! I feel a bit sorry for the Koreans though, they did not deserve such a beating, especially that they had the chance to score a drawing goal and it was a 100% chance, so it could've turned out differently.... But then again, Argentina are looking very strong and they worked hard for that victory. Anyway, I'm just happy that things are now how they were supposed to be from the beginning
Enlarged (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Argentina woke up.... So far only Argentina and Germany have lived up to the hype. England, France, Brazil have yet to prove themselves, and Spain, well that was just a flop
DoctorFootball (Chelsea) 4 years ago
" Its Just The Beginning Not The End.... Things Will never BE THE SAME again.... "
France was never expected to do well this time around.... Uruguay really stepped up
Sammeh (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Actually nobody really expects much of France, I love Evra class act, but the French qualified because of a handball and lost to China in a friendly, it just shows they didn't bring a well prepared team to the World Cup, whether it's the coach or not, I don't see them becoming an instant powerhouse unless they completely change their tactic and mindset, and they only have a week to do that before their next game, normally this would take months
Kiranpmody (Manchester United) 4 years ago
If Argentina win the World Cup I hope people realize that the team won it despite of Maradona and not because of Maradona.

Good game Argentina. I hope this is the beginning of proper flowing football in the tournament. I hope nations start scoring more than 2 goals a game from here on.

This game showed what a good player Messi is.... All the big names have been marked heavily so far in the tournament to not give them any opportunity to shine solo but a great player will always find means to contribute like Messi did with good play-making and tremendous skill. I can only hope Rooney and England pickup something on similar lines.... )
I agree.... I'm an argentine fan, but not maradona's as a coach
Spartan (West Ham United) 4 years ago
Finally true face of Argentina, Higuain reminds me of Felippe Inzaghi no creativity just lucky to be at the rigtht place at the right time, Koreans shoot and run football only good for Greeks!
StefanJay (Arsenal) 4 years ago
You can call it luck or you can call it good positioning. He's not my favorite player in the world either, but he is an accurate finisher
Sam198710000 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Yeah argentina!
Look at South Koreans.... They are playing dirty against argentina, hugging from behind, dragging people.... They are hopeless....
Remember, this is not just winning the game! This is sport!
Long live argentina!
Fair play vs winning

I have been coaching for many years at many different levels, including High School, Club and AYSO U10. I also play in a Co-Ed league, an adult Futsal League and on mens' soccer teams. I never understand at what point children are taught that winning is more important than being a good sport.

I have noticed an increase of players becoming more aggressive, less respectful and flat out dirty or trying to hurt other players and showing no respect for the game they are playing or those they are playing against. Then I look at the coaches and figure out that not only are they allowing it, but are actually encouraging it. We are the role models for these young men, and we encourage actions that would never be allowed in a work place or at school. So why do coaches tolerate it? Why do they encourage it and why is it ok to play club soccer when a kid can't keep his grades up and would not be eligible to play a school sport?

I have known coaches who, when there team is out-skilled, the saying is "play aggressive" and "try to intimidate the other team. " I recently was told by a player that he overheard a coach tell his players that if they don't win the ball to make sure they hit and hurt the player they are closest too-essentially saying, we may not win but we will make sure they remember us. What is this teaching our kids? I know one of the reasons I played sports as a kid was so I would stay out of trouble. Yes, I did stay out of trouble, but I was never allowed to play if my grades slipped. I was never allowed to talk back to a ref or an adult or coach for that matter--let alone dispute a call. I see players as young as 9 years old arguing with the ref, and the coach is encouraging it.

I have coached a U14 boys' team when after the game, the players from the team we played against got into cars and drove themselves home. Sure they won the game, but they cheated by allowing older players, and so the ultimate lesson they were taught was to win no matter what and this behavior was even encouraged by the coach they looked up too.

As a coach, I have had to deal with parents trying to tell me where their player plays, or that their player is better than other players on the team and thus should get more playing time. Some parents even pay their players not to pass the ball, to score goals or even to get a yellow card.

As a player I would say I tend to be kind of a dirty player, and I have done some things I am not at all proud of. All of them I have done as an adult, and none of them ever with intent to hurt anyone--mostly just talking and being an instigator. Most of the time though I love when I am playing, and always do talk to the players I am playing against by asking their names and introducing myself. Some have said they think that is being too cocky and sometimes the other players do not think I am being a good sport, though the one rule that I play by, and also insist my players on the teams I coach play by, is that I expect you to play hard. Sometimes in playing hard you may get a foul called and may be warned, but never play dirty and no matter how hard you have played, always shake the hands of the players you played against out of respect. You never know when you will see them again at a tryout or maybe even in the future when you play on the same team.

I know that there are many coaches out there that play by these same rules and they are always enjoyable to play against-- win or lose the players all play hard and there are fouls; sometime tempers flare and if the coaches allowed it or encouraged it, a fight or bench clearing brawl could occur, like you too often see on ESPN's Sports Center. During these games the coaches will not tolerate it to happen. The players on these teams are aware that the league may only suspend them for one game, maybe two, but that alone is not enough of a deterrent if the coach welcomes the player back and even congratulates him on his actions.

When I step onto a field to coach or play, I doubt that there is anyone out there who wants to win more than I do. I also must win fair, and by the rules. I always want to win on a perfect goal but will take even an "own" goal. A win is a win, but the bottom line is that winning that game is not the objective of my coaching. My objective is that when the players I coach grow up and have good relationships with their kids, treat women right, obey the law and respect their bosses and parents. When they become a good person in society that is when they truly win, and very few of them will ever remember that one game they won or lost on a hot Saturday afternoon, on a field with a bad ref and a team that had players that were much older and bigger. They will remember how you, the coach, handled it and which In-and-Out Burger you stopped at on the way home.
Mangchee (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Wow this is the funniest comment i've seen in a while.
All the fouls have been called and it was a fair game. Why do you say that they are hopeless? And that sport is not about just winning the game? Well I better hope you're not an athlete because you are the type that would start blaming others and stop trying.

Look at South Africa, did they play dirty when they were down against Uruguay? YES. Is there anything wrong? NO. I'd rather see a team that tries till the end than give up in the middle.

K thanx
Kloncs69 (FC København) 4 years ago
Yes, because Argentinians are absolute angels on a football field. We all know that...
Gigiggg9 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
LOL  Argentina has more cards  
Sammeh (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Bahahahaaha, what's worse than a sore loser? A sore winner, good job looking like a class fan, last time I checked Argentina had more yellow cards, I'm guessing this was his first ever football match, cause he would have a heart attack if he watched the Nigeria-Greece match
Put the same post up twice what a stupid ass
CHELSEA61 (Footytube Moderator) 4 years ago
At the rate teams are scoring Higuain has already won the golden boot
Gigiggg9 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
HAHAHAA

Kick4Life - changing lives through football