Forums / APOEL Nicosia
Order: Newest / Oldest
APOEL Nicosia V Olympique Lyon, Mar 7
MichalisC (Panathinaikos Athens) 2 years ago
You made us proud tonight apoel!
Marmitton (Monaco) 2 years ago
Nicosia were quite bad, but you can't be as pathetic as Lyon.
Goodbye Lyon, they won't be in Champions LEague next season.

And Nicosia will be destroyed in the quarterfinals, by picking Lyon one of the weakest team they get the jackpot, congrats to them!
Vcf1990 (Valencia) 2 years ago
Come on I know they aren't a great team but they had the most heart that's for sure
Ap1926 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
What are you talking about? We were definitely not bad, and we definitely deserved to go through! And what's with all the hate with us "getting destroyed" in the quarter finals? You know that the same was said for group stage, and then for the stage of 16, right? We know we haven't become a superteam in one night, but we've at least earned some respect! Our only loss in a Champions League game in the last 3 years at home, was from Shaktar in the last game of the group stage, where we already knew we had qualified! We at least deserve some respect!
Arenas0838 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Apoel>lyon>monaco lol
Marmitton (Monaco) 2 years ago
I saw almost every Nicosia games and they were not good yesterday night.

Of course they deserved to go trough they were better than Lyon, I am not saying that Lyon deserved more but Nicosia's performance was not good and this was a quite average game, not really enjoyable to watch
Borg (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Well done apoel. Best of luck in the next round. Kill some giants!
Enlarged (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Heart over skills.... Heart always wins.... Well done apoel
Lordjaggi (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Tell that to bayern...
Coooookie 2 years ago
Wow he guess correctly 4 out of 5 PK's.... Impressive
Eseleaka (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Who would have thought that their two most brilliant players would miss from the spot?
Arenas0838 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Me
Ldinho (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Awesome apoel good job!
Burba (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Buhhh
Xavii (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I don't know anything about apoel but it is always good to see an 'underdog'story. And much respect for Lyon. Awesome club. Not the 'hugest' fan but they're good!
Gunnercy87 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
It is indeed a good night for Cyprus! Peace
Duces14 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Woow Bastos missed? Apoel played really in this match hats of to them...
Shibo87 (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Much respect for apoel what an underdog fight lyon were just giving up their not good team this year.... Look at 6:43 some1 jumped for group hug and missed watch very funny...
Alexd0423 (Seattle Sounders) 2 years ago
Lmfao good eye
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Australian SBS is so stupid. Yesterday morning they broadcasted Benfica vs Zenit game instead of Arsenal vs Milan, and today morning they broadcasted this game instead of Barca vs Leverkusen game (in which Messi scored 5 superb goals which I would have loved to see)
MichalisC (Panathinaikos Athens) 2 years ago
Yes, and many thousands of Greek and Cypriot Australians around the country are glad they did. Barca had effectively progressed already. This game was still in the balance. When it comes to watching football, it does not have to be a big team or club that the fans want to see. Many of us have an emotional attachment to clubs of our origin. Hence, SBS knows this and gives the fans what we want to see. In the end, this game put on great theater. Thank you SBS!
Skymil (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I felt you mate, sometimes SBS was a joke!Perhaps they don't want to pay more for the TV rights? Who know!
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Haha the apoel gk is such a hater during the shootout LOL
Barcagooner87 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Well played apoel, its nice to see an underdog eliminate a big club. Good luck

Kick4Life - changing lives through football