Forums / Almería
Order: Newest / Oldest
Real Madrid V Almería, May 21
RipVanDangle (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Ozil for ballon d'or
Hitch (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Excluding Messi and Ronlaldo, he still wouldn't win it because he's gone missing in all of Barcelona's games
Piggedy (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
@Hitch
True for those games. But it wasn't his fault. More Maurinhos as he had a formaion without any strikers Ozil could pass to. Also, I think if his teammates decided to pass more often (as barca players do) he'd have an easier time
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Yes.

Cristina Ronaldo has finally achieved what he wanted :- personal glory.

But that will not rule Messi's chances out of winning the Ballon d'Or again.

DerBomber (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
If either Messi or Ronaldo wins that title, my conclusion would be that the judging panel are suffering from brain damage. Messi didn't even deserve it last year. Frankly, it's either Alonso or Xavi this year
Lmao at DerBomba hahahaha
Roo10ney (Manchester United) 3 years ago
You all are wrong the Ballon d'Or should be given to Torres.... Hehe
Jokes aside it will be difficult to choose between Messi & Ronaldo....
Ronaldo may clinch it 'cause of this record....
Yeah but why these 2? Play makers have played a big part in games. Honestly, without Xavi or Iniesta, Messi would be nobody. Likewise without Ozil or Alonso, Ronaldo is nobody. Is it that difficult to get the play makers to win?
CalumLUFC 3 years ago
Lol DerBomba, Messi and Ronaldo are one of a kind, but theres plently of good playmakers atm
TAIM2DAI (AC Omonia Nicosia) 3 years ago
If Vidic leads United to victory in the Champions League final he deserves it. Its a farce at how much defending gets overlooked in the personal awards category especially when it comes to Vidic, name me a defender in world football who is as consistent and dominates every type of player? Not even Puyol, Terry, Carvalho or Ferdinand can get near him atm
CalumLUFC 3 years ago
Good point, Vidic and Van der Sar have been united best players this season by far but they get completely overlooked. I don't think they're on the same level as Messi and Ronaldo but they are equally as important.

If you don't concede you can't loose!
Sadly footy is about goals....  So defending is ignored somewhat....  Would love to see Vidic wining it....
ElninoLFC (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Boooorrrrinn.... Madrid and barca have ruined la liga, no doubt they are 2 of the greatest teams but crushing all teams in the league has killed the competition...
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Totally agreed!
Reventon (Barcelona) 3 years ago
It's not their fault that they are so damn good
Ihkhan (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Yes ElninoLFC.... Its not that la liga teams are bad.... In fact they are as good as any other league.... Rather than Real and Barca are so fu*king good....
Barca and Real have a developed in a rapid rate & other clubs are still finding their feet it seems....

The two financial giants are too far ahead....
ElninoLFC (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Ronaldo has a better bag of tricks than messi but they both have the ability to glide past defenders with easy, ronaldo with fancy footwork and messi with explosive controlled dribbling...
This comment has been removed.
Could you tell me where your warehouse is located so that I may burn it down?
And turn everyone working in there into Harvey Two-Face? Brilliant idea, may I join in?
Della (Chelsea) 3 years ago
See. Roanldo his a goal Machine once again he proofs his consistence every season and for those who's said he is selfish watch out for his 2 quality assist on this match.... Well done Rony.... Huge hugs from Africa more in specif Guinea-Bissau. Peace
Fryerr (Portland Timbers) 3 years ago
Ronaldo is a beast and Ozil is on his way to greatness
Ozil's passing is awesome...
CalumLUFC 3 years ago
Should have gone to manchester united though
Italionstallion (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Ronaldo is happy. I like it
SexyBeaver (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Super season finish for Ronaldo ! He deserves this history place 40 goals in 32 games oh my !
34 games*
CalumLUFC 3 years ago
Or 53 goals in 54 games
RealAnimalz (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Damn...
UgoDroPiero (Juventus) 3 years ago
So ronaldo holds record for most goals in epl and now la liga?    If so, wow...
NCSoccerGuy (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Ronaldo has had scored 40 goals which is an outstanding achievement. The next top scorer was Karim Benzema with 15 goals. Messi has the luxury of David Villa scoring, Ronaldo can't depend on anyone. Don't downplay his genius with comparing it with Uefalona. Ronaldo keeps me wanting more with his variety of goals 8-8 from pk, multiple headers, 4 free kicks, and the rest were outstanding and simple strikes. Have fun watching 60 minutes of back passes and people claiming to break their legs and come back in 70 seconds after. Hala Madrid!
ManoK (Barcelona) 3 years ago
What the hell are you talking about!? .... Tap-on goals are interesting in your boring world?!.... And those passes are called team work which is not on the real madrid's Dictionary! Where is your man on big games! Almeria? .... Seriously?! I'm sure that you know that barcelona won 8-0 and Messi havin a hat-trick with 2 assists on that specific match.... Right before smashin madrid the 5-0! Ronaldo is a good yet ignorant player, trust me if he focuses on his career rather than bein a celebrity, he might compete with Messi!
TAIM2DAI (AC Omonia Nicosia) 3 years ago
Might compete with Messi? He's scored 1 more goal than him and its only his second season in La Liga not to mention that he did the same in arguably the best league in the world with a completely different team. Messi has scored less but has more assists but Ronaldo has scored goals from everywhere on the pitch some of which Messi couldn't dream of scoring eg freekicks and header in copa del rey final and likewise Ronaldo couldn't score the solo goal Messi scored against RM in the champions league first leg.

They aren't comparable and play completely different styles of football with similar outcomes
NC, I think messi scored more than villa this season, just saying....

Either way, messi and ronaldo are complete forwards and they both have outstanding counterparts in their midfield that elevate their level of play equally and that could be the next most important thing next to their athleticism and accolades....

So your wrong when you say that "ronaldo can't depend on anyone".

First of all, I feel like he is growing up, but I also feel that ronaldo is that guy on the team that gets pissed off when he doesn't get the ball every-time they are in opposing half and that makes his team cater to him foremost. It's great that he wants to have the ball all the time and help out and does produce excellent results, I just feel when the big games come around and things don't go his way, he will complain and that's bad for the team.... A bit childish if you ask me....

All in all, when those big games do come around both real and barca are not far from equal when it comes down to getting fouled and holding up the games by b-lining towards the ref. So that he has to stop play....

@manok You like watching constant back passes with a couple of flops every now and then? That satisfies you?
@taim2dai Ronaldo has scored 9 more goals than Messi has in La Liga.... I give Messi credit on his solo run through 5 defenders but it is a lot easier with 10v11. Still a fantastic goal though, that's for sure.
@ugodropiero As a footballer for one of the top clubs Ronaldo definitely has that pressure of geting points every single match, and it definitely showed through the halfway point of La Liga. When Ade was signed and Benzema came back scoring, and Higuain back from injury, Ronaldo resulted in a stellar outro to his season
Honestabe (Liverpool) 3 years ago
NCsoccerGuy, messi running through 5 defenders is still 1v5 and is never easy.... Don't discredit messi, he's barcelona's only redeeming factor. But you definitely have a point with the flops although you can't really praise ronaldo and damn barcelona when you're talking about diving.... Seems a little harsh
@NCSoccerGuy

Constant back passes? How long have you been watching La Liga? Barcelona has been playing like for a really LONG time before ronaldo even step foot into manchester united.

I bet you were united fan before ronaldo went to real madrid. Stop with the Messi and Ronaldo comparison, they both are out of this world.

Oh by the way, it's football not soccer. Another debate for you whilst you keep arguing who is better ronaldo or messi
@Honestabe I know, I know. I'm not trying to say Ronaldo doesn't dive, but I'm still in the after-shock of this joke of a Champions League Barca has had for the past couple years.
@Reventon Yes, your correct. It is football not soccer. I've been a Madrid fan for the past 7 years, so no I'm not a bandwagoner for the top club in football. That doesn't set aside that I like Cristiano Ronaldo. He's been a standout player in any league he has played, and he has brought exciting football to the leagues he played in
TheDreamer (Portland Timbers) 3 years ago
Its football, and soccer, and calcio, and futebol, and futbol, and voetbal, etc. Please put to rest this bigoted semantic arguement already!
TheDreamer (Portland Timbers) 3 years ago
Lets not forget nogometna and fodbold!
Ok it might seem ronaldo has all the pressure of getting points, but again I think you have to look at the bigger picture.... Yeah, he had to pick up the slack bc higuain was out, "benzema wasn't scoring" (I think you have that confused with he wasn't playing), and ade wasn't there yet, but you have yet to include how much pressure is taken off of him from Ozil and Angel Di Maria- who was one of the most important signings of the season...
It's just coming off short-sided when you say one great player holds all the weight...
Guys, no offence, but Benzema did practically the same this season as David Villa and he had to find his form this season.

15 Goals : La Liga
6 Goals : Champions League
5 Goals : Copa Del Rey

Total : 26

I call that a good season considering the circumstances, he'll do even better next year and we'll have the deadliest attack in the world with Benzema, Ronaldo and Higuain
Blackhands (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Where is this offence when they play barcelona? I don;t really care for both teams, but Real Madrid play like they are scared of Barca
Teodini (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Barca isn't giving anybody any space like how almeria did
Shazli95 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Barcelona are pressuring opponents by depriving them of the ball which will make any opponent look scared of them, I bet united will look the same
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Lol....comapring barcelona to second division almeria.... I wanna see if united will have this type of offence against barca on saturday
Blackhands (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Real Madrid has enough quality offensive players on the team to play defensive
Whopperking (FC Porto) 3 years ago
Beautiful performance from Madrid seems like they are just having fun, and boy is Ronaldo on fire seems like he can't stop scoring hope to see this again next season
What Adebayor did after scoring his 2nd goal (53`) running for the ball to start play again was totally unnecessary and very offensive
Oddshot (Newcastle United) 3 years ago
You get offended by alot of silly things don't you...
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Lol the guy went to get the ball so that they would pass 100 goals and so that ronaldo would add more to his record.... Offensive?
It doesn't matter, that's not sportsmanship
You just had to say something huh...
Shazbotben (Philadelphia Union) 3 years ago
You've got to be trolling. There was absolutely nothing wrong with that. You play football to score goals. If anything, hurrying up to start again is far less offensive than an obnoxiously long and drawn out display of jubilation. If you're so easily offended, I suggest burying your head in sand instead of watching sports
S0113str3 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I feel like they need to spread the talent a bit more in la liga. Barca and real are just too dominant. Balance out the allstars a little better, the more games I see like this the more bored I get of watching this league
Shazli95 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
What about almeria 0-8 barcelona were you so bored with every goal scored, I bet you slept during the game
You've just recently starting watching the league haven't you?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football