Forums / Almería
Order: Newest / Oldest
Real Madrid V Almería, May 21
Theatreofdream (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Errr sorry for comparing again, but CR7 has proven himself by scoring over 40 goals in a season in two different teams and leagues.... So no question to his scoring capability, but Messi.... He's not doing that well in argentina, only in Barcelona where two greatest goal masterminds; Xavi and Iniesta are there.... So not until Messi has proven himself in another team and league, I will still regard CR7 as a better predator and more convincing asset. Nevertheless Messi is also a brilliant player, at least better than Adebayor. Sorry again for comparing
CalumLUFC 2 years ago
Absolutely agree with this
DerBomber (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
I shall disagree on the point that Ronaldo had acted on his own. We have Ozil assisting at every chance, and like Barca's Xavi Iniesta combo, we have Alonso. Of course he may have done it himself at Man Utd, though unlikely, P. S. I didn't watch any of those games but I'm certain someone had assisted him from somewhere. No player is ever bigger than a team. SAF proves this every year, so a Man Utd fan should know this better than the rest of us. No player, not even Pele or Maradona is indispensible to a team
RedDevilsRule (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I agree with DerBomba. Saf always let players go when they are to big for their team I. E Carlos Tevez, Ronaldo
Yup, just that he let a player go that made me stop supporting Man Utd. It's not Beckham, nor Ronaldo but Jaap Stam. He was for me the best defender of that time, and probably should have become the best defender in the world if not for SAF releasing him
NapoleonSolo (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Agree for the most part as a United fan.

Definitely agree on the Stam point; lost a lot of faith in Fergie after that debacle.

In most teams no-one, including (or especially) the manager is bigger than the club. For all the good he's done, I think Ferguson can push it sometimes
RealAnimalz (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Everybody's better than Adebayor, even Crouch.... Ok that's not true, but still. Not a big Adebayor fan
Balotelli45 (Manchester City) 2 years ago
14 jealous madrid haters gave them a rubbish vote
Katana (FC Porto) 2 years ago
Much hated, much loved, this guy is by far the best of the best. The numbers are there, plane and simple. Since the game now is all about numbers Ronaldo is giving back to his employer what the paid for.... LOL.... The Messi's of this world know that there is no competition with this guy. This team next year will be deadly...
CarlosAlberto (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Both messi and ronaldo are good players so most of football writer, managers voters need to see something else than scoring 10 on getafe and 6 against almeria they look to ronaldo to see what he has done against barca or how he behaves against other players and ronaldo sucks in both cases
Real Madrid's Man of the season: Xabi Alonso. He may not have been directly involved with many of those goals, but he has played a key role in organising the team.

Likewise Barca's man of the season: Xavi.

Without these 2, Messi and Ronaldo would be nothing. So give credit where it's due. That's all I'm asking for
Shazli95 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Totally agree.... I thought I'm the only one who knows that (if you noticed that the last 2 games alonso didn't play where zaragoza 2-3 and gigon 0-1)
Yup, I've always respected players in their position, and I have utmost respect for Pirlo as well. They often take the back seat to the so-called star players, for Milan, it would be Pato, and some time ago Shevchenko. For Barca it's always Messi and Villa. For us, it's Ronaldo, Higuain etc. It's not fair that the truly great players are always overlooked. To be honest, if either Alonso or Ronaldo had to go, I'd let Ronaldo go any day, so long I keep Alonso. I'm sure Barca fans feel the same about Xavi rather than Messi
But I think Alonso's better than Xavi.... Sometimes he defends better than defenders themselves and always robs balls from opponents besides his fantastic passes (have you seen his assists to benzema vs getafe and di maria vs zaragoza?), personally I think he's the best in the world in his position, Khedira's pretty good too but he still has room for improvement
Reventon (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Xavi doesn't need to defend when we got puyol and pique lol. Xavi holds the ball better and can find passes in the tightest areas in the pitch
GlennyBoy (Rangers) 2 years ago
Imagine if Ronaldo and Messi were in the same team, unbeatable
They would still need Xavi, Ozil, Iniesta and/or Alonso. Otherwise all that fire power would go to waste like Argentina at the world cup
MikeStyleZ (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
I wonder who'll win.

We all know both Man UTD and Barca cheats, but who's the best cheater out of them?

Will Man UTD get extended extra time?

Will Barca pretend to fall over every time a player dispossessed them?

Can Man UTD convince the ref a goal that's scored by Barca isn't a goal?

Can Barca persuade the ref to hand out red cards to Man UTD players?

We'll find out in the final! Cheaters VS Cheaters - who'll cheat their way to a trophy?
Haha good one but I don't that much agree about man you, we know uefa loves both teams but united never cheats
EricSim7 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Well said dude! Lol
I may be speaking up for Barca and Man Utd this time, but it's just 2 individuals who cheat at both clubs. Busquets at Barca and Nani at Man Utd, though Nani no longer does so
Dabowlski (Sporting CP Lisbon) 2 years ago
You forgot Pedro and Alves
Pedro and Alves only dived for the Real game, so I can't say much. But Busquets has been diving consistently for 2 seasons and at the World Cup. So for me, the only diver in that game would be Busquets, or rather, he's a man who can't even master the art of diving
Roo10ney (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Lol MikeStylez is posting the same comment in different pages....  A pure attention seeker....  
Noelt (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Ronaldo will be playing 50s
Booba (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
That is nt so fun,?! One side, wheres is football in that?
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
That's because La Liga is a joke. This s**t can never happen in EPL...
You're kidding right? Remember at the start of the season, Chelsea were murdering every bottom club
Stefanfg (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
You have to admit that the is a HUGE gulf in class between the two top clubs and the rest of la liga and the epl teams are much more closely matched
Reventon (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Because of top 4 teams inconsistency right?  
Justfootball (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Again this SoccerJam guy, how about when your Chealse scored 8 Goals agains Wigan last year.... Undust your memory  
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
Ronaldo is at his peak. 40 goals.... Impressive!
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
La Liga is a joke!
I think you are the joke
Justfootball (Barcelona) 2 years ago
SoccerJam,
Tell me please if the EP is in any was better than La Liga. In England there are only two clubs winning the League and the same in Spain. If you are talking about which is the best league in Europe, I sas the Germand Bundes Liga. It is way more competitive than any leagues in Europe and there are not any Russian mafia heads spending 50 grand for a single player.
Kevinmw1 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Not a joke la liga is fun to watch why fight between leagues, its all the beautiful game
Mjay83 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
40 goals or 39 is a crazy record but still how can he start scoring like this after the pressure is off and games don't matter anymore?
CalumLUFC 2 years ago
He was injured in march wasnt he? Then just took a month to get back to top form
CalumLUFC 2 years ago
34 games 40 goals    Or 54 games 53 goals across all competitions    Insane
Albabily (FC Barcelona II) 2 years ago
La Liga is not that bad as you guys say
Look at Barca and Real Madrid, Real Madrid 4-0 Tottenham
Barca 5-0 Schaktar D.
Barca 3-1 Arsenal

You blaming la Liga, look at the EPL, in the last years the winners were always Man you. And Chelsea
The same in Spanien so STFU and enjoy it
Agreed, no one talks about Premier League teams thrashing the bottom clubs, but when we at La Liga do, it's wrong. Hmm...
MadridistaCF (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
To be fair the 3-1 and 4-0 were at the expense of red cards
CalumLUFC 2 years ago
You guys are so insecure
Adas24 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
LEEDS!
Hitch (Barcelona) 2 years ago
At the expense of red cards? LOL
When the striker of the team get red carded then you can use that as an excuse when you can't score goals, not when you concede 4 goals in 1 game, 3 goals in 1 game and get totally ass raped where you can't even take 1 shot on target the whole game for the first time in UEFA history.
Red cards may have been the nail in the coffin but the gulf in class and ability between Barcelona and Arsenal, and between Real Madrid in Tottenham was for everyone - except for blind premfaces - to see
CalumLUFC 2 years ago
Lol Hitch, do you even watch football or just highlights on footy tube? By that comment you sound like you have never watched a full game of football in your life. Take away the striker and it becomes instantly more difficult to hold onto the ball as you have no one to hold the ball up at the top of the pitch. If you can't hold onto the ball the other team is just going to have a hell of alot more possession and ultimately more likely to score. Arsenal had you guys beat on tactics before Van Persie got sent off. You just rode your luck as usual
Seanf24 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
'Calum'.... Whose fault was that they were stupid and made dumb decisions in such a important match? Lol    
Galil19 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
What a blood bath. Almeria got murdered here :s.... Feel sorry for them
You guys did a more brutal job than we did. At least we did it at home. You guys did it away! =P
Cjayzz (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Mehn.... Adebayor is going nowhere...
Kevinmw1 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
He shouldnt he got better treatment here

Kick4Life - changing lives through football