Forums / Almería
Order: Newest / Oldest
Real Madrid V Almería, May 21
Monty7 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
La liga has the best players in the world right now, so quit comparing it to EPL, did ya not see the ballon d'tore award? Fifa dreamteam only had spanish and italian league in it
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Not trying to be arrogant, but the lower teams in the La Liga NEED to step up big time.... These monstrous 8-1 batterings are, well, boring
Chelo (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
You obviously didn't saw the game, in the first half Almeria played better than Tottenham did in 2 games against madrid, it was their last match in la liga, so they wanted to score goals, in the first half they could have scored 2-3 goals, in the second half they started good, hitted the post & then madrid went on a rampage, but you should look at the players that where on the pitch; Ronaldo, Benzema, Adebayor, Ozil, Kaka, with such offensive power you can eventually conceed 6 goals in 45 minutes when you don't close the doors, the first leg game was 1-1.

Atleast Almeria tried to actually play football, the bottom club of our league plays better football than most clubs in the other so called big leagues
Pozoap (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Like a bully/pussy they (real & ronaldo) are tough and courageous against weak opposition. But pit them against another top club and watch them get scared and go anonymous
Ihkhan (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
I think the biggest pussies are barca players who need to play act to get the any strong opposition to 10 men to win the game....
Lets see you guys win against Man UTD with all eleven Man UTD guys on pitch
Jacko1L1R (Manchester United) 3 years ago
@pozoap  Why be jealous for? It was a good win, I don't even like real madrid and I'm saying this...
Seanf24 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Really.... We have had Milan and Ajax in our champions league group stage and we trashed and yet you say that we have had weak opposition....
We got a win over your team 2 draws and a loss.... And you call that weak.... Lol
DerBomber (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
@Pozoap Err dude, you guys did the same to Almeria, so are you guys bullies too? And allow me to refresh your short term memory, we beat Milan in the group stages, when did we go anonymous? And if you're basing your claim on that series of non classicos, your team disappeared too
SIMPLYGODS 3 years ago
Congrats madrid you let almeria drop to second table with a boooommmmmmm!
Hey, you guys did the same to them earlier in the season. Both of us are to be blame for their demoralising collapse, the blame does not lie squarely with us =P
Georgio (Bayern München) 3 years ago
I get a headache reading Barca and Madrid fans argue.    
DiegoFrodo (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I'm sorry century long rivalries give you headaches. Let me go ahead and change fooball history...
Ihkhan (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
I get a headache seeing trolls visiting our page
Sickman (Liverpool) 3 years ago
When your childhood idol (from Feyenoord times), when Legend of your beloved club (Liverpool) ends his adventure with one of the biggest club in the world (Real) with standing ovation, you can only be proud to choose well
MrOlav (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
Yes, he had a great career
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 3 years ago
Yup, so true. One of the all time greats!
I do feel sorry for him though, he simply came to the wrong club, where the keeper ahead of him is one of the greatest keepers of all time. I think he had it in him to play as the first team keeper in many top clubs in the world
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Omg.... Dudek we love you
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 3 years ago
It's a shame that Benitez did not feel the same way...
Why is it that when Madrid and Barca dominate, the conclusion is that the teams they dominate really suck? They both are the two best teams in the world and they would win the EPL in a heart beat. Also, liverpool tottenham arsenal and city would not have it easy against villarreal, sevilla, atletico and valencia. Athletic de Bilbao, for instance, would kick smaller english teams ass. I mean we are talking about the league that produced the world cup champions, legitimate champions at that. I just don't see why english fans see it as obvious tha the epl is the best league in the world. Just imagine, Vidic is the best player in your league, what the f**k!
Roo10ney (Manchester United) 3 years ago
The argument they bring is the points gap between the 2nd and 3rd...
I do grant that the epl is more competitive, but that does not necesseraly correlate with being better in quality. I mean my high school league was crazy competetive....
They are the two best leagues, probably epl being better, but not by far.
Maxy556 (Celtic) 3 years ago
I agree with Diegofrodo's point- Also arsenal got dominated by Barce and they're one of the top 4 in EPL, so who's to say Barce and Real would'nt do this sort of damage to everyone in the EPL?
Solifunky9 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I don't have any problem with what you said except that the league produced the champions, if it was like that, why didn't they produce the world champions in all the other world cups, as a matter of fact that was their very first World Cup win
Dogeyed (Manchester United) 3 years ago
@diegoFrodo - Mate I burnt your high school down last week. f*****g rot
CalumLUFC 3 years ago
@Diego, you can't win a league with 11 players, especially not the EPL. Barca have an incredible first IX but beyond that they are weak. The strengths of Man Uniteds squad is that they have enough good quality players to field two squads, as they showed against Shalke in the champions league.

In a league where injuries are more common you can't rely on 11 players to win the league like Barca have done in La Liga
Actually, they were hit with injuries, leaving them with just 11 fit players. As for the fringe players, they're kinda developing their team the way Arsenal has been doing. So if Arsenal can secure a top 4 position with youngsters, why not Barca's second team if their main players are injured?
CalumLUFC 3 years ago
I never said Barca couldn't get in the top 4. I just don't think they could win it. Yeh, they were hit with injuries and they struggled.

Arsenal can finish 4th with youngsters (by youngsters I presume you are referring to just Wilshere Gibbs and Szszesny because the rest are getting pretty old now - Ramsey was injured all season) but 4th isn't a huge achievement for a team like Arsenal. They are never going to win the prem with this squad because its simply not good enough. They have 1 good striker and the other 2 are pretty poor. United have 3 world class strikers, and their 3rd choice (who is the PL top scorer) doesn't even start. That's just one example of their depth and versatility.

Arsenal lack this depth to their squad, likewise this year with Barca, however their 2nd team is improving
Barca in the last 4 years could have easily won the EPL every year.... And a Madrid fan is telling you this.
It's a fact and a reality.
Even though you support a EPL team you should not be biased.
I watch EPL and La Liga and prefer la Liga, but I am not being biased.... You don't have to be a genius to see that La Liga is better.
How is EPL better, cos they defend well?
Well.... Look at Spurs we thrashed them, Barca beat Arsenal.
Over all when La Liga teams go against EPL teams majority of the time La Liga has the better results.
If EPL would have been better I for one would have told you, cos at the end of the day I don't get paid for this sort of stuff...
CalumLUFC 3 years ago
You thrashed a 10 men Tottenham squad that relys on getting the ball up the field to crouch who holds the ball up. Take away crouch and Tottenham can't hold the ball for longer than 10 seconds.

Arsenal pretty much had Barca beat until Van Persie got sent off for nothing.

Anyway your comparing the 1st and 2nd teams in spain with the 4th and 5th teams in england. Stop biasing your facts.

And Real couldn't get past the last 16 in the champions league for the past 6 years or something. That's the 2nd best team in la liga, embarrassing. For a few years 4 of teams in the last 8 were English pretty much every year.

Ontop of that a cup is a comparison of who has the best XI. A league is who has the best squad.

EPL is better because its faster, more competitive (any one of three teams could have won the league in the last few weeks and any three of six teams could have been relegated) and I find matches a lot more entertaining. Who wants to watch Barca and see one team hold the ball for 90 mins. But that's a personal opinion. Plus how can the 2nd place team put 6 goals past the 3rd place team in one match? And two teams be 20 points clear in the league. What a joke of a league.

EPL is better in every way, if you can't see that then I don't have time for you, sorry
Reventon (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Van Persie got red carded because of his own actions, lets say if he didn't get red carded wouldn't have made a difference. And the goal scored by messi at the emirates was called offside? You leave out every bit of the details against barcelona to aid your aguement, that my friend is being biased.

And may I remind you who how many times barcelona actually qualified above quarter finals in the champions league? Last year not one EPL team got through, 2009 3 EPL teams got through and barcelona and we ended up winning it. 2008 3 EPL teams went through along with Barcelona and it was a EPL chelsea vs united final.

And the 2006-2007 season where we got knocked out by liverpool, this is when La Masia players were trained to use in Barcelona and this is when 3 EPL teams gone through again and AC Milan managed to win.

2005-2006 I don't need to repeat, barcelona vs arsenal and arsenal the only team in EPL to succeed through knock out rounds.

And you saying EPL is far better because it's fast in pace, by fast you mean players randomly kicking the ball about instead of keeping possession. And how does a tactic like that succeed in the international level of football when a team which barely has any EPL players in the team does better?

Germany / Spain / Netherlands (RVP / Kuyt the only main EPL players there) Uruguay. In my opinion the German Budesliga is the best league, because they develop their own players like spain does and they also adopting their style of football.

Ending the conversation Barcelona and the current real madrid will top any EPL teams now, and if they were to be in the EPL they be in the top 4 always
CalumLUFC 3 years ago
LOL "randomly kicking the ball" go and watch a f*****g man united match and see Rooney pass the ball from the left back position all the way to the opposite corner flag to valencias feet with pin point accuracy. That takes a hell of a lot more skill than 2m passing to feet to work the ball up the pitch.

By faster pace I mean constant pressure, urgency, getting the ball out of the defence and up the pitch to create goal scoring opportunities, rather than defensive possession and passing around the back 4. You obviously just watch highlights. Man I need to get off this website, too many people like you.

And what are you saying? A spanish team has won it twice in the past 6 years? One of which they shouldnt have even been in the final....

And why are you brining home grown english talent into the argument, that doesn't have anything to do with whether its a good league or not, actually, it does, i'd rather see the best players from all around the world play than watch only english players. The quality of football is much better when you pick the best players from around the world.

Ending the conversation, yes they would be in the top 4 but Madrid would probably have more chance of winning the EPL than Barca because they arent an 11 man squad as I keep going on about. RM actually have a bench....
I really don't think bench is a good argument against barcelona given that they made it to two finals, la copa and the champions league, while winning la liga comfortably. The fast pase and all that, its just style. Personally i've never like english football style. It has gotten better though. I remember watching the epl, and was always long ball, running like crazy near the corner, sending a pass, and scoring with a header. Not very elegant
@dogeyed, also, if you even tried to burn my high school down, they would have eaten you alive. Ha. Those kids were vicious, believe me
'Callum' you talk nonsense and not facts.
It's your personal opinion, but at the end of the day I pointed facts and La Liga has more champions league trophies at the moment than EPL.
Iamlegend 3 years ago
Even Messi said Ronaldo deserves to win Pichichi this season because of his scoring consistency. And Ronaldo said Messi is the best this year. Every team has great respect among each other. Every player respect one another. It's the fans that always bitching about it
Zigarillios (Ajax) 3 years ago
You didn't watch the semi-finals? ...
Roo10ney (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Messi is a kind of player who gives credit where credit is due.... So no surprise...
Iamlegend 3 years ago
It's a heated tension during the game. Plus it was Mou's media frenzy that heat things up. It happens when the great rivals meet 4 times in short period. But we moved on. Why bother sulking on what already happened? It's not like it's gonna' change anything
R34lmadrid (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Awesome pay by real madrid
Toto4 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Well done ronaldo!
CypressDill (Chelsea) 3 years ago
EPL & La Liga are both great leagues. Stop bitching and enjoy the football. Ronaldo in my opinion is the best player in the world. Great achievment from him!
Segolana (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Wicked pass 4 the second goal  
Booomdario (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Well, did anyone notice that ronaldo was involved in 6 of 8 goals? He is unbelievably keen to score goals and to help his team win!
DoctorFootball (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Unreachable 40.... Well Done Cristiano...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football