Forums / Almería
Order: Newest / Oldest
Real Madrid V Almería, May 21
Realkaka (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Wow really looks like they were enjoying themselves today
Death10000BC (AC Milan) 3 years ago
I have a feeling that real is going to damage barca next season becuz they already measured barca's strength in these 5 elclassico they already know how much is gonna' take to beat them
Evoked87 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Mourinho knows it best. They already made 2 signings
Roo10ney (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Ya Real will be a bigger threat...
Zhudayong (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I guess we would only know when the time comes because am sure the same thing was said in the beginning of the 2nd and 3rd campaign. Lol
LyverBird (Liverpool) 3 years ago
This league is getting ugly! 8? Really?
Devrod (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Chelsea had 3 eight goal score lines last season what is your point?
Devrod EPL is survival of the fittest anybody can win and yeah only once you saw that happen in EPL not very often
Lol survival of the fittest.... Spot on mate....
RealMAdridi (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Benzema has been scoring day in and day out since the beginning of the year.... Big mistake if they sell him.... Congratulations Ronaldo.... Go Madrid
Benzima had a really good game y'day.... He is sure to get more games next season...
Bilboy (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Mourinho likes a big centre forward to elad the line I. E. Drogba, Milito.

Higuain and Benzema don't fit that description and I reckon Mourinho will look to bring in someone to fill that role.

Benzema looked good on the wings, maybe him and Di Maria can alternate?
Ya he might.... But he will be more of a sub...
Messi62 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Congrats to ronaldo.... Ronaldo is the only thing in the world that is keeping messi still human.... Ozil deserves more credit for all the things he does.... We got the better of them this season.... Can't wait for next season.... At last- crush UTD
So true

If Ronaldo wasnt aroud, Messi's stats would look superhuman and he would definitely be seen as an all time great but as Ronaldo is also achieveing similar stats, it makes the stats look that bit mroe ordinary
AlanDilan (Werder Bremen) 3 years ago
Not to take anything from ronaldo but messi has also 28 assists next to his 52 goals    I can't see ronaldo ever having that many
Albokk (Juventus) 3 years ago
Ronaldo 8 goals in 3 games that's why la liga is garbage
Sammeh (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Still a notch higher than Serie A
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
He'd score 50 in serie A so you might want to tone the arrogance down a little
It's actually 7 in 3 games and 11 in 4!    
Diego2010 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Well done cristiano ronaldo you the man in La Liga
TheCreator (Everton) 3 years ago
I'm sorry, but La Liga is kind of a joke.    66 points between first and last.
Pedmar (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
And either 44/47 points between your 1st place and last place what's your point? And 60 point diff in seria A, 46 in germany, 53 in france, 58 in holland.

And with all these scores the last placed spanish team still has more points in last place than these other league teams in last place. Again what's your point?
Pedmar (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
It's not barca or madrid's fault that the rest of the league doesn't put up much resistance is it? But had madrid or barca dropped points against teams they should be defeating easily you all will still be talking about not taking the obvious easy points!
Skyohan1 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Instead of comparing first minus last of each league, I compared first to 11th (half) of each league.
EPL - 33 [1st Man UTD - 11th WBA]
Serie A - 35 [1st Ac Milan - 11th Catania]
Bundesliga - 32 [1st Borussia - 11th Hoffenheim]
Liga - 50 [1st Barcelona - 11th Malaga]

The results are staggering, La Liga have a 50 point difference between the first and midtable team. Whereas the other leagues seems much more balanced compared to La Liga. This might reflect how competitive each leagues are. We might induce that in La Liga, lesser teams out of the top 4, offer considerably less challenge to the title contender.

Now I decided to calculate point difference between the top 4 teams, in order to reflect the competitiveness between the "title contenders" if you may.

EPL - (1th-2nd)6 pts, (2nd-3rd) 3 pts, (3rd-4th) 1 pt
Serie A - (1th-2nd)8 pts, (2nd-3rd) 4 pts, (3rd-4th) 4 pts
Bundesliga - (1th-2nd)7 pts, (2nd-3rd) 3 pts, (3rd-4th) 5 pts
La Liga - (1th-2nd)4 pts, (2nd-3rd) 21 pts, (3rd-4th) 9 pts

As you can see, La Liga is the outlier here again. 21 points between Real Madrid and Valencia, or 25 points between Barcelona (first) and Valencia (third)....

This way of looking at things might be biased. I can make a deeper more complete analysis by including the revenue of each team and how much was invested in player (notably in LaLiga, where Barca and RM have considerable higher revenue than the rest). And we can cross-compare between teams that have invested similar amounts to one's in a different league with a similar budget.

But based on this way of calculating, La Liga is far less competitive, than the other 3 leagues.

However, one might argue that La Liga might have the 2 of the greatest teams out of the 4 leagues, which might explain the huge gap between the top 2 and the rest.

So as a third analysis, we might look at the champions league, and see how the top 4 of each league fared with each other, and we can determine more conclusions from there!

And of course, this reflects what most of us already know: La Liga is a 2 horse race.

PS - this report was computed 21st May, so the points might be different, but not by a considerable amount.
In simple the Premier league is more competitive & difficult to win matches even against the lower teams...
Skyohan1 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
@Roo10ney
I think that might be explained by the fact that TV revenue is equally spread out between the EPL teams. And also we know that the last few years, the premier league has benefited from foreign ownership. And you know what that means: $$$. And if you look at other leagues; Bundesliga has a "no losses (debt)" rule, Serie A has gone downhill due to lack of renovated stadiums (decrease in matchday revenue), and calciopoli. As for La Liga, I don't know what really hapened to the likes of Sevilla, Villareal. I know that one of them had some huge money problems, and I think they are in a rebuilding phase and don't have the money to rebuild like Chelsea or RM does every season.... So there you got it, EPL is doing really much better than the other leagues.

"the Premier league is more competitive & difficult to win matches even against the lower teams"

By saying lower EPL teams offer more challenge, shouldn't they be offering more of a threat in the Europa League? There doesn't seem to be a clear winner when "lesser" english teams play in the Europa League against "lesser" non-english teams
Just check the good of Barca and Madrid and then the rest of the league LMAO. It is simply ridiculous
I get your point mate...
DerBomber (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Try placing Real and Barca in to the EPL. I'm pretty sure your bottom clubs can't handle either of these teams. The same way the La Liga bottom clubs can't handle either team. Besides, Chelsea had scored more than a 100 last season as well. What do you make of that?
Boy I would love to see the top two clubs of both England and Spanish playing in the opposite leagues....    
Chelo (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Barca & Real are the best & most complete squads in the world, their be squads could compete for the title in any other league, spanish teams are still winning the champions league or europa league almost every year, so la liga can't be that bad right?

Like Torres, Aguero looks good in la liga, when he'll make the step to the premier league hell turn into a superstar, the reason for the big scores is that unlike in england & other leagues, litle spanish teams try to play football even when they play against the big clubs, just look at almeria in the first half, they could have been winning this game, but once players such as Ronaldo, Benzema, Ozil, Kaka & co get it going, you can see 6 goals ine 45 minutes, doesn't mean the league is bad, just means they are that good
Diego2010 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Why can real madrid play like this every game
It was Almeria for christs sakes    Barca beat them 8-0 away. Worse defence I have EVER SEEN
Hajialibaig (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Haters are going to hate.  Ronaldo does what he does on the pitch.
Way to go Ronaldo.... Ignore the haters mate...
Gavin10405 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Phenomenal performance from Real.... Theres a reason why ronaldo is player of the year, 40 goals that's more than impressive
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Ade needs dancing lessons.

See. Ronaldo 'im not obsessed about individual accolades'

Bull dung! Haha, he looked so happy. Well congrats to him!

Who got match ball?
He just broke a VERY prestigious record, of course he was going to be happy!

He's not obsessed as shown by the FOUR assists he made in this game. Plus, he has let Kaka, Benzema, Ramos take penalties this seaosn when the game was won to boost their confidence
Dreamwar (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Amazing achievement by CR!  Congratz !
To think he manage to break the record in just 34 apps as well

Sanchez - 38 apps, 38 goals
Ronaldo - 34 apps, 40 goals

Give Ronaldo 4 more games in this form (11 goals in last 4 apps), and he'd finish on 45-50 goals!
DerBomber (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Btw by any chance is he the prem league's record holder? Or does someone else hold hit?
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
I agree that prem is much more difficult than la liga.... I like madrid but I don't really give a crap bout la liga.... But madrid and barca are better than any team in england.... Madrid 5-0 on tottenham.... Barca 6-3 on arsenal last season and beat them again this season, barca beat united in the finals and even valencia was able to draw with united in old tradford.... No disrespect to any team out there but especially if barca do beat united in the finals it will just go to show that the two best teams in the world are in la liga...
Bedr0m (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Adebayor is such a poacher
Wow is been 3 yrs still hatin
Justafootyfan (Barcelona) 3 years ago
More of a compliment, I think he meant adebayor is a poacher by the way he moves himself to the right place at the right time, which is a killer instinct strikers should have

Kick4Life - changing lives through football