Forums / Algeria
Order: Newest / Oldest
England V Algeria, Jun 18
Nightfever (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Woa, that was awful England.

Algeria on the other hand didn't care about what everybody expected and pulled off a self-confident and secure offensive football, leaving England completly stunned for the first 30 minutes.

And even after that England failed to become a serious threat at all, representative:
In the 85th minute they start another attempt and Algeria just leaves two Players in England's half, like "They won't harm us anyway".

Imo they really lack an agil, creative offensive midfielder. They have Lennon and co. Who are fast, but as creative as a potato; and gerrard and Lampard, who often don't appear dynamic enough.
The strikers? Heskey lacks skill and Rooney form.

Seriously, did I just watch england vs. Algeria? Still can't quite believe it...
Edgefan14 (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Why dosent joe cole play is he too old or something? Cause one of my favorite 2006 world cup moments was his goal against sweden
StefanJay (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I agree. Joe Cole would inject some much needed life in the attacking midfield role
Joe420x (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Joe cole = good idea
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Joe cole=england winning I think
Gomlee (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Sure joe cole will sort out all of englands problems on his own with his magic wand
Elbert (Manchester United) 3 years ago
England actually did good.... Algeria keeper was just better
What game were you watching england sucked a big one
Playa3c (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Really? You mean they did good enough not to loose right? Lol. Algeria owned them, but this game is about goals which Algeria failed to produce
DEADLYMUFC (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Hmmm no mate they didn't play well...
Mjay83 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Believe it Algeria almost pulled another upset in this EC the english players started this match thinkin it'll be an easy win just like the rest of us.... Don't count any team out.... Algeria played with heart and determination, I watched this team play long time before the wc and they have allot of skillful players.... England is really lackin allot of things in their team.... This football I'm just waitin to see if Honduras beat spain....
KeNnii (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yep, several reasons for the surprising upsets:
1. The ball
2. Teams taking the inter vs bayern match to their head and playing defensive football
3. Simply the pressure
Dtouch (Ajax) 3 years ago
You mean inter v barcelona. That was more impressive
The ball has nothing to do with the game. It plays in favor and/or against everyone equally
StefanJay (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Shocking!

There have been so many upsets in this WC which makes it interesting to watch if not completely terrifying to place a bet. England lacked focus and seemed a little sluggish, but credit Algeria for closing down the space and using their pace on the wings to good effect
KeNnii (Manchester United) 3 years ago
4-5-1 please with joe cole
Mattii (Manchester United) 3 years ago
HEY, I am so dissapointed of england, this is all they can show ous? Algeria I mean come on or even united states no way. , . England is a strong squad, experiened players and this are the results of them? I AM a big england fan, but please this is it.... Better go home than show more of there lame playing. Sorry that's the truth
Dude England does not a strong squad.... Just watch them play dummy
England does have a strong squad. Most of their players play in the best league, but England as a team is terrible
[account-removed] 3 years ago
They look like the Barmy Army in those cricket shirts. I wouldn't be too surprised if they don't make it out of their group. They don't have the national pride they you need to play in the World Cup. It's hardly tear jerking stuff watching them play for their country. Sooner the better they go home
Zh1412 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Spain, france, germany and england all provided shocks. England was particularly awful today! This WC is getting more exciting by the minute)
Antony2901 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Lampard out
HAHAHA ENGLAND WAS SLOWER than THE STONEHEDGE.... HAHAHA.... You WERE LAUGHINT WITH OUR NATIONAL TEAM BUT you ARE WORST...
GMack17 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
England sucks! Capello is gonna' get the media thrashing tomorrow
LukePillar (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Last time I checked we have the same goal difference as you with both draws. All it takes is for us to win the next game 2:0 and you win/draw with 1 goal and your out.

Admittedly England are playing shite, but I'm really blaming Capello atm, wasting players that are at their prime, as for playing Heskey.... Wtf?

Mojo84 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Good man Rooney " Its nice to see your home fans booing you " He's got a point, Ye do put alot of pressure on them. I know they played bad but they are at the world cup, Ye should get behind them not boo them cause that's not gonna' make them better
Dtouch (Ajax) 3 years ago
I agree. At times like these you need to be loyal, be part of the problem your countrymen are facing and help them. I'm glad he spoke up
Nuurkey07 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
And Rooney is a Center Forward he was in midfield 75% just give him a cross like Valencia one he will punish you
Steveex (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
That's why in germany we're saying; cry for 5 minutes, concentrate for Ghana.
I'm sure not all of us, but some will see Germany victorious on wednesday. Good luck England, it might to get to a showdown between us...
Gilgamesh (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Do us all a favour and stick to playing cricket, England!
Oh dear England is a shame to be honest Rooney was in midfield looking for the ball you don't see him doing that in United the England midfield is so poor. And Heskey I will just say nothing he was by far the better player and Algeria deserved alot too bad they don't have a striker to match the perfomance especially Belhadj and Bougherra were out standing
This rooney wasn't united rooney!  I just can't believe this is Rooney
Well Considering he is tracking back. In united our midfield is brilliant so he just focus on Striking that's why and to have Valencia there

Kick4Life - changing lives through football