Forums / AC Milan
Order: Newest / Oldest
Milan's Youth Sector
MarquinhoACM (AC Milan) 1 year ago
AC Milan: The Future

Documentary on the youth system in Milan and how it works. All five episodes rolled into one video, enjoy.

AC Milan: The Future - Part 5: The Dream is Almost There

AC Milan: The Future - Part 4: Love for the Red & Black Colors

AC Milan: The Future - Part 3: Training to Become Champions

AC Milan: The Future - Part 2: Welcome to the Vismara Center

Mattia Valoti's wonderful backheel assist in a win for Albinoleffe 1-0 Carpi:

Hachim Mastour hurt his hand and will be out for a couple of weeks as rehabilitation
"AC Milan: The Future" is a new documentary-type series that Milan are making in the light of the youth movement. The videos depict the youth sector of Milan from the Pulcini to the Primavera. Here's the very first video:

Check back as I'll update when a new part comes out
Raybastre (AC Milan) 1 year ago
Mastour is a beast
Bryan Cristante won man-of-the-match for Italy U-18 vs. Belarus:

Https://twitter.Com/MilanNext/status/288728450892718081/photo/1

And here's a video fo his free kick goal against Belarus:

Https://www.Facebook.Com/photo.Php?V=10152441553955601
MarquinhoACM (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Hachim Mastour playing for the Italy U-15, highlights + goal:

IRossoneri (AC Milan) 2 years ago
What about Hachim Mastour, have you seen him play? I've heard some great things about him
Stefke951 (AC Milan) 2 years ago
I heard he's playing for Pippo's Allievi Nazionali even though he's only 14-15. Haven't seen him in action though, only saw that video on YouTube that has 2 mil + views
IRossoneri (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Don't Milan want to play him in the Serie A? I read they want to make a special appeal since he's only 15
Stefke951 (AC Milan) 2 years ago
I think Marquinho posted that it's too early for him to play in the Serie A, and I completely agree. He is too young, he should be happy that he even plays for Allievi Nazionali with that age. Maybe next year we let him play in the Coppa Italia or something, that would be perfect for him...
Yeah Stefke is correct. Mastour is only 14 and is already playing with the Allievi Nazionali and is expected to play with the Primavera next season (there was a restriction set that he wasn't able to play with the Primavera this season, otherwise he would be). It's much easier to get access to the Primavera games online than the Allievi Nazionali so I can't tell you how he is yet since I haven't seen him play other than from Youtube clips.

And yes, as a foreign player, the age restriction for Serie A is 16 but there is eligibility with a waiver for a player at least 15 years old. Mastour is 14 and won't turn 15 until June, when the season is already over so even with a waiver he wouldn't be able to play for the senior team this season
Andrea Petagna's father in an interview on the Milan Channel after Petagna's debut with Milan:

"We (me and Andrea) communicated via SMS, even if he was 'stuck' in Milanello. I gave him some advice. I told him that if you're good and play with good players you will do better than when you play in less favourable conditions. I also reminded him the importance of the warm up and not to wait for the ball, but to go and run for it. Today we talked before the training. He told me that he felt the tension while reaching San Siro with the rest of the team. The dressing room, Champion's shirts, his shirt next to El Shaarawy's one; he'll bring these emotions forever inside his heart. As he finally entered the tension faded away, but he felt a strange sensation seeing all those fans and such a big pitch. "
Bryan Cristante and Andrea Petagna were called up from the Primavera to practice with the senior squad for the upcoming match against Zenit. Cristante (17) was called up for the Anderlecht game earlier last week but never stepped on the pitch. Cristante is a midfielder and if you recall he debuted last season in the champions league as well, becoming the youngest Milanista to debut in Europe. Petagna, also 17 years old, is a striker and has yet to debut for the senior squad. Cristante will wear #36 and Petagna will wear #37. Montolivo is expected to miss the game due to injury so Cristante is expected to see some time
I've been thinking about what potential players could potentially make the senior squad next season, and here's a list of what I came up with:

Gk: Gabriel (20 y/o): Alright technically, he's already on the first team, but he has yet to make a senior debut. With rumors that Abbiati could leave/retire after this season, and Amelia not exactly being the best goalkeeper around, it could mean it's show time for the young Brazilian. Of course, there are still transfer rumors out there, like Milan out to buy Rafael from Santos or Mattia Perin from Genoa (who I rate highly), but I think he'll be featuring a lot next season.

CBs: Albertazzi (21), Ely (19), Ghiringhelli (20): Albertazzi is an exceptional talent, but unfortunately he's either unlucky or unfairly treated. I went to watch some of Albertazzi's games back when he was with the Primavera, and I must say, he's a really good talent. He's pretty big (6'2 or 186 cm), has a good amount of pace on him, and is very good in the air. There's still some rawness in his reading of the game and concentration, but that can develop with the presence of a good team. He hasn't made any official appearances for Milan and has yet to feature for Hella Verona where he is loaned out to (did play in the win vs Palermo in the Coppa), but if anyone saw him during the TIM Cup in the preseason where he did play for Milan, you could see the talent there. Hopefully he'll get a recall to the senior squad next season, he could be exceptionally well.
The CB is Rodrigo Ely. Milan purchased him in 2011 from Gremio (yes he's Brazilian, but now has chosen to represent Italy) and then loaned him out this season to Reggina. He's actually made 10 appearances for them and has scored a goal, but Reggina has allowed 20 goals against them this season and are hovering around the relegation zone from Serie be. I haven't seen much, but Ely isn't as good as Albertazzi, still lacks several mental aspects to the game, but his physical rawness is still there (stands at a 6'2 as well) and could prove to become a lethal defender in the future.
As for Ghiringhelli, he is in a co-ownership with Novara and has made 12 appearances with 1 goal, but I don't know if that's saying much considering the team is in relegation zone.... Other than that I'm not sure about him, haven't seen much.

CMs: Cristante (17), Hottor (19), Calvano (19), Innocenti (19): I'm not going to talk about each one in detail, but really to quickly sum everyone up. Everyone should know Cristante. He's the youngest player to debut in a Milan jersey for a Champions League match (last season) and he has been getting so much praise over the past few months that there's rumor that Chelsea would like to snag the youngster. He is mightily impressive, as he's typically calm and cool on the ball and can deliver a killer pass. In recent matches for the Primavera, the formation changed to a back 3 and he's been deployed as a central defender, with also much success, showing off his flexibility in positions. What I'm trying to say is that we need to keep him at Milan, he's a massive talent.
Hottor is a Ghanian defensive midfielder that, like many players in Milan's youth academy, possesses the raw ability to become great but still lacks in many mental areas. Milan bought him in 2010, used him in the Primavera and now is off on loan to Pro Lanciano, with only 3 substitute appearances.
Calvano is another decent midfielder with a lot of promise as he debuted for the Milan team in the Coppa Italia vs Lazio last season. He's now joined Albertazzi at Hellas Verona on loan but has yet to make an appearance.
As for Innocenti, there's really a very small, small chance he would play at Milan next season as he needs a lot more first team experience and just needs adjustment to the tactical side of Italian football, but very promising as well. Currently loaned out to Pro Vercelli but has yet to make any appearances.

STs: Niang (17), Comi (19), Beretta (20): There isn't much to discuss about Niang, I mean he was recently purchased over the summer and has made two appearances for the senior team. He has looked good in the few minutes given so far and a lot of critics claim him to resemble Balotelli, so there you go.
Comi was purchased last season and played in the Primavera before going out to Reggina with Ely on loan. He has made 12 appearances and scored 4 goals which is pretty good and has a pretty good, foreseeable future if his progress continues the way it is. With rumors of Pato and Pazzini to leave Milan, he could be given a chance next season.
C'mon, we all know Beretta right? Well if not, he's actually a pretty decent striker. He's a big (6'1) striker with a lot of strength in him and he actually already debuted for Milan two seasons ago in a game against Genoa, where he actually was pretty impressive and had a few goalscoring opportunities (the one that comes to mind is when he shoved off a defender and had a break away to goal, but didn't have the pace nor concentration and shot it straight at the goalie). He was subsequently put on a co-ownership with Genoa (part of the exchange with Merkel and El Shaarawy) and has been on loan spells since and is currently with Pavia in Serie C1 (Lega Pro Prima). He's scored 2 goals in 5 matches but he does seem to have a lot of talent in him to make it to the big stage sometime in his career.

Well that's all I got, there were a few other players I could have listed but I don't think they would have been given any chances next season. But is there anyone you think that could make it to the senior side next season? Please discuss!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football